[-]
Stats
» Members: 584
» Latest member: Freq
» Forum threads: 555
» Forum posts: 2,957

Full Statistics

Dome
Just started with my printing. For the dome I chose to use the smaller pieces as they are more maneageable with my printer. 

I finished printing the top parts today:
[Image: %255BUNSET%255D]

As soon as printed I will show you the other parts.
Definitely, I DO need an enclosure for my 3D printer!  Angry

[Image: error.jpg]
If printing ABS, it's pretty much a necessity.
(01-10-2018, 06:48 PM)LarryJ Wrote: If printing ABS, it's pretty much a necessity.

Yes, I am printing with ABS... 
Anyway, while designing a good case I can just continue with smaller parts:

[Image: smalllogic.jpg]

The bezels were a bit tricky, but came out quite fine indeed! Smile
While waiting to build my printer enclosure I started to check an idea about logic displays...

Instead of using tons of leds (which also means a fixed colors configuration) I wish to try a small TFT display I already own that seems small enough. This is the result of a 10-minutes project (it's just a draft idea):

[Image: light1.jpg][Image: light2.jpg]

Here a short video showing some animation:

I need to make the "leds" smaller, but it seems just fine. Also the circuit is to be revised to make it smaller, remove the parts on the left and use a Pi Zero instead of Model A+
The good things are that I can drive two displays with one RPi and the cost will be low enough for me. Furthermore I can show anything here, not only virtual leds (with whatever color I wish), but also schematics, small pictures and writings!

I think this will be my choice for small logics. Unfortunately I still have to find a useful display for the large one...  Undecided
I love new technology and I think it looks great just not sure how bright they will be compared to leds.

After soldering several hundred I understand where you are coming from.
(01-12-2018, 01:58 AM)phul007 Wrote: I love new technology and I think it looks great just not sure how bright they will be compared to leds.

After soldering several hundred I understand where you are coming from.

They are quite bright, but of course not as much as leds. A better choice would have been oled displays, but I cannot find a color one with a good size. They are all too small for this task...
Well, after a couple of days building an enclosure for the printer, I can go on with the dome. The enclosure really makes a big difference!  Smile

This is the upper dome (the parts were printed before the enclosure as they are small enough to give no printing issues):
[Image: upperdome.jpg]

And these are parts 5A and 5B (printed with the enclosure) glued together:
[Image: 5a5b.jpg]
Almost no warping! Now I will print the rest of the parts and let's see what's going to happen...
Finally I finished printing my dome. Now I just need to print panels, pies and all the other extensions.
Of course all the sanding is still to be done...
[Image: dome.jpg]
Only issue I had is a slightly different curvature between the lower dome and the upper part in about 1/3 of the model. It seems that I still have warping in my prints. No real problem anyway as I just need a bit more sanding in those places.
I’m quite happy about the result Smile
(02-04-2018, 08:20 PM)mascal Wrote: Finally I finished printing my dome. Now I just need to print panels, pies and all the other extensions.
Of course all the sanding is still to be done...
[Image: dome.jpg]
Only issue I had is a slightly different curvature between the lower dome and the upper part in about 1/3 of the model. It seems that I still have warping in my prints. No real problem anyway as I just need a bit more sanding in those places.
I’m quite happy about the result Smile

Very nice, I'm still waiting for my build log to be set up, but we are at the same stage!!!

about to print panels etc. still deciding on good orientation to print with... any ideas?

Also Im very interested in your pi zero TFT setup, i already got some of the model numbers of the TFT screen from your photos but eventually i am likely to ask you for more info.
My partner was going to get me a raspberry pi model 3 for my birthday but after seeing your setup i would like to know the parts you will choose for the logic board, as i think ill go down the same route.