Stats
» Members: 559
» Latest member: BIGGIE CHEESE
» Forum threads: 543
» Forum posts: 2,916

Full Statistics

Next Droid
So,

I ‘finished’ my R2-D2 back in August of last year and my wife wants a droid of her own.  What do ya’ll think a good companion droid for R2 would be?  I want to do another R series droid using Micahel’s mark III design.  Currently I am thinking an R5-D4 (the droid that blew up when Luke’s uncle chose that one over R2-D2 from the Jawas). 

What do ya’ll think?  Which R2 droid would go well with R2?

Eebel
(01-12-2019, 02:04 AM)Eebel Wrote: So,

I ‘finished’ my R2-D2 back in August of last year and my wife wants a droid of her own.  What do ya’ll think a good companion droid for R2 would be?  I want to do another R series droid using Micahel’s mark III design.  Currently I am thinking an R5-D4 (the droid that blew up when Luke’s uncle chose that one over R2-D2 from the Jawas). 

What do ya’ll think?  Which R2 droid would go well with R2?

Eebel

R5-D4 would be cool, as would either of Obi's R4 droids (G9 or P17).

Or you could come to the darkside and do R2-Q5 or C2-B5. Big Grin
Why not go for a smaller droid that can be completed in much less time!

BB8
there are a couple of builders here currently working on BB8 or have completed BB8.

BB8 in on my todo list when i eventually complete R2D2
How about Chopper? You can get creative with paint and play around with the mechanics a bit more for the dome mounted dish and the two manipulator arms that are more articulate than R2's.
(01-12-2019, 02:45 PM)The Canterbury Tail Wrote: How about Chopper? You can get creative with paint and play around with the mechanics a bit more for the dome mounted dish and the two manipulator arms that are more articulate than R2's.

Hmm, do you know of a good source for Chooper .stls?

Eebel
Alas no. I know there are some good STLs for the head and arms on Astromech.net, but not sure about the body and legs. I'm sure there are some, you could ask over there in the Chopper sub-forum.
Eebel,

Check out this youtube channel. I'm not sure if he's sharing his files yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...fEnm0wekNq
Don't do a bb8 , the mechanics is just crazy, stick with a R series you know what it needs and you can changed the dome and colour.

I would go with the black one (sorry don't know the number) the dark side.