[-]
Stats
» Members: 389
» Latest member: emile1138
» Forum threads: 429
» Forum posts: 2,347

Full Statistics

Hello from Denver Colorado
Just started printing parts in July. I didn't start assembling until I had all body parts ready but the bodywork started the first week of September. Dome is assembled but I haven't dove into the electronics part of it yet. I have only printed with Ninja flex once before, on an old printer I had, so I am putting all flex parts on the back burner until I have everything else printed just in case i break something.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the group. Post some pics, we love to see your progress.
(09-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Deanw1968 Wrote: Just started printing parts in July. I didn't start assembling until I had all body parts ready but the bodywork started the first week of September. Dome is assembled but I haven't dove into the electronics part of it yet. I have only printed with Ninja flex once before, on an old printer I had, so I am putting all flex parts on the back burner until I have everything else printed just in case i break something.

The body is looking good. I've never printed with Ninja flex so that will be a new experience for me.  I noticed the wheels and drive belts were printed in Ninja Flex, are there any other parts?  Hmm... how durable is Ninja Flex? I question if if it wouldn't be better to just purchase belts and wheels for the drive train. 

I've started with the dome and still working on printing those parts. Hopefully I'll have some time to start gluing the dome segments together this weekend.

-Adam
I used maker flex ( a little cheaper). It has worked great. I recommend the printed drive units. Just use the single drive belt option and be sure to print the motor gear on the motor in nylon. My PETG gear melted under heavy use.

Eebel
(09-07-2018, 03:55 AM)Veloflux Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 02:41 AM)Deanw1968 Wrote: Just started printing parts in July. I didn't start assembling until I had all body parts ready but the bodywork started the first week of September. Dome is assembled but I haven't dove into the electronics part of it yet. I have only printed with Ninja flex once before, on an old printer I had, so I am putting all flex parts on the back burner until I have everything else printed just in case i break something.

The body is looking good. I've never printed with Ninja flex so that will be a new experience for me.  I noticed the wheels and drive belts were printed in Ninja Flex, are there any other parts?  Hmm... how durable is Ninja Flex? I question if if it wouldn't be better to just purchase belts and wheels for the drive train. 

I've started with the dome and still working on printing those parts. Hopefully I'll have some time to start gluing the dome segments together this weekend.

-Adam

You want to use the Ninja Flex Cheetah - much easier to print than regular TPU. It's still flexible, but not quite as rubbery as most TPU.
(09-07-2018, 05:27 AM)Eebel Wrote: I used maker flex ( a little cheaper). It has worked great.  I recommend the printed drive units.  Just use the single drive belt option and be sure to print the motor gear on the motor in nylon. My PETG gear melted under heavy use.

Eebel

Thanks for the nylon tip.  I would have probably tried PETG too.   

-Adam

(09-07-2018, 03:00 PM)LarryJ Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 03:55 AM)Veloflux Wrote:

-Adam

You want to use the Ninja Flex Cheetah - much easier to print than regular TPU. It's still flexible, but not quite as rubbery as most TPU.

Thanks for the Tip.

-Adam