Stats
» Members: 450
» Latest member: mclaren99uk
» Forum threads: 479
» Forum posts: 2,744

Full Statistics

Hello from North Texas, USA
Hello Builders,

I’m excited to be part of this rich community.  Everyone is doing such great work!  

This will be my first Droid build. I’m building an R2-D2 out of PETG using a Prusa I3 MK3. I’ve been printing parts off and on for a month now and have the dome and lower two rings completed.  I’m now working on printing the panel pieces.

Below are a few Time-lapse videos of my prints.

This is going to be fun!

-Adam

The videos are great but a bit freaky that you cant see the head moving on the x axis only the y.
(09-03-2018, 10:50 PM)phul007 Wrote: The videos are great but a bit freaky that you cant see the head moving on the x axis only the y.

Yeah it's strange.  I think that's why I like it.  I'm running Octoprint on my printer with the Octolapse plugin.  The plugin positions the extruder before it snaps each picture to get the resulting effect.
(09-07-2018, 04:21 AM)Veloflux Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 10:50 PM)phul007 Wrote: The videos are great but a bit freaky that you cant see the head moving on the x axis only the y.

Yeah it's strange.  I think that's why I like it.  I'm running Octoprint on my printer with the Octolapse plugin.  The plugin positions the extruder before it snaps each picture to get the resulting effect.

Doesn't that add a bunch of time to the print?
Adds a small amount of time, takes a photo at each layer change, so there is the time it takes to move the head to the same position take the photo and move back X the number of layers, so doesn't add that much time.

Can however lead to more stringing, the Z-Hop setting can help with this.

The effect is very cool.