» Members: 389
» Latest member: emile1138
» Forum threads: 429
» Forum posts: 2,347

Full Statistics

Body
At last I can now restart my printing job and the body has started:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1072]

No much to say now. Completed printing the base and ring 1. I will assemble it while printing ring 2. 
In the spare time I will also go on with my lift for the dome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Started the assembly. First ring is quite good:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1154] [Image: attachment.php?aid=1155]

I also started printing the ring 2, but find out too late that there's a mod for the charge port... No problem, I am reprinting the two pieces also with my own little mod to open the door using a servo. I will put the photos as soon as the parts are ready.

Warping is very little and this means less work before the paint step. I'm quite happy about this!  Smile

These are the photos of my small mod to open the charge door with small servo:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1156] [Image: attachment.php?aid=1157] [Image: attachment.php?aid=1158]

Maybe there could be easier solutions, but this is enough for me. If someone else is interested I can upload the models on thingiverse.

This is my build progress until now for the body:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1159]

The second ring is going on well!  Smile

Sweet!
Nice. I wish I had added the servo for the Charge Bay before I built my droid. Now I am faced with adding one after the fact. Much harder, but doable. I like your design...where were you four months ago... hehe

Eebel
(09-17-2018, 05:45 AM)Eebel Wrote: Nice.  I wish I had added the servo for the Charge Bay before I built my droid.  Now I am faced with adding one after the fact.  Much harder, but doable.  I like your design...where were you four months ago... hehe

Eebel

Four months ago I was definitely doing a dome...  Big Grin

It's really possible to add it after the body has been built and yes, it's surely much harder. The most difficult part would be the slot to add the wire (actually a strightened paper clip). You could try to drill it, but you should find the right spot and the right orientation. After that it's a breeze. Just printing the hinge with the small hole and attaching the servo.

Attached you can find the 3 files that I used for this mod, so if you wish to try it...

Attached Files
.stl   MB-Ring2-1-modServo.stl (Size: 214.54 KB / Downloads: 6)
.stl   Hinge-Servo.stl (Size: 49.69 KB / Downloads: 4)
.stl   Servo_holder.stl (Size: 21.57 KB / Downloads: 4)