Stats
» Members: 832
» Latest member: Cloudcity2019
» Forum threads: 599
» Forum posts: 3,184

Full Statistics

Toilet seat for BB-8
I started working on a dolly for BB-8

While waiting for more carbon fiber filament to show up, I printed up a skirt I found and mounted it on a donut shaped piece of wood. 1.5" castors allow it to be moved around.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1049]

Still need to paint the skirt, but the inner part looks like a toilet seat to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you design this or where did you get the stl?

I need to print one up and also one for bb9-e (eventually)
I believe it was done by Bobby White from the BB8 Builders club.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asf8Yh_DXatjkoF54nsZYjtzYwn52w
Awesome thanks, thanks to bobby too!!!!
Was their a middle printer section stl? I can see that he has put cutouts in the supports for the "toilet bowl section"

Strange way to cut the pieces as I printed the smaller ones on the bolts section as its flat and the normal botoom part is tampered and the printer was having issues printing the first few layers. Not sure why its not flat.

Thanks
Phill

update: looked on th ebuilder club website and couldn't find any posts about the base, looked in 3d printing and files section
Can you point me to the post please.
(08-31-2018, 12:19 AM)phul007 Wrote: Was their a middle printer section stl? I can see that he has put cutouts in the supports for the "toilet bowl section"

Strange way to cut the pieces as I printed the smaller ones on the bolts section as its flat and the normal botoom part is tampered and the printer was having issues printing the first few layers. Not sure why its not flat.

Thanks
Phill

update: looked on th ebuilder club website and couldn't find any posts about the base, looked in 3d printing and files section

I grabbed it off a facebook post he made to somebody else - I'll have to search for it. I printed it as orientated - had no issues with a 5 wall skirt and some support for the flat spot that sits on the wood ring.
(08-31-2018, 12:41 AM)LarryJ Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 12:19 AM)phul007 Wrote: Was their a middle printer section stl? I can see that he has put cutouts in the supports for the "toilet bowl section"

Thanks
Phill

I grabbed it off a facebook post he made to somebody else - I'll have to search for it. I printed it as orientated - had no issues with a 5 wall skirt and some support for the flat spot that sits on the wood ring.

Ok thanks, not on fakebook but just interested to see what other people did you the centre piece.
(08-31-2018, 12:53 AM)phul007 Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 12:41 AM)LarryJ Wrote:

Thanks
Phill

Ok thanks, not on fakebook but just interested to see what other people did you the centre piece.

His had a wood center like mine. His is motorized and remote controlled so he can drive it around.
OK thanks, I have printer the entire thing and will look at how to best protect the unit. I thing I will put some door trim on the top which should protect from scratches.
(09-02-2018, 11:13 PM)phul007 Wrote: OK thanks, I have printer the entire thing and will look at how to best protect the unit. I thing I will put some door trim on the top which should protect from scratches.

I was thinking that or a piece of small diameter foam pipe insulation.