[-]
Stats
» Members: 422
» Latest member: bkdeering
» Forum threads: 446
» Forum posts: 2,439

Full Statistics

Body Weathering
Time to get started on body weathering before i put the legs on.
Here is my reference Photos and my Desert Powders.
ill be applying the powders first for the desert colours, and then following with a dark metallic powder for blast scoring and surfaces scratches.
i might also highlight certain corners with a silver pen to simulate paint being removed.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=892]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Exciting. I love a well weathered R2.
first 2 waves of weathering, more to come!
first wave was desert powders.
second was some dark dirt/carbon markings 
pictures always seem to look so different then the actual thing but i think it captures the general colours.
i found the desert looks more washed out in the pictures where in real life its much more pronounced.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=893][Image: attachment.php?aid=894][Image: attachment.php?aid=895][Image: attachment.php?aid=896][Image: attachment.php?aid=897][Image: attachment.php?aid=898][Image: attachment.php?aid=899][Image: attachment.php?aid=900]

Doing it all with light, downward brush strokes?
(07-31-2018, 02:35 PM)LarryJ Wrote: Doing it all with light, downward brush strokes?

for the sand colour im using a powder and a wide brush to pat on, and then brush into the plastic. 
for the darker parts, im using a short thin brush, adding paint, then dabbing on a towel, and then pressing into the panel then finally smearing with a finger for the smoothed effect.
im thinking of adding a more uniformal sand colour and spread it more across the bottom of the body
Looking good. I am about to do weathering as well. Where did you get your reference photos?

Eebel
(08-01-2018, 02:51 AM)Eebel Wrote: Looking good.  I am about to do weathering as well.  Where did you get your reference photos?

Eebel

i cant remember now, i think i just google image searched weathering r2d2 and printed some off
Tamiya has some good weathering powders which include silver so you can make some good work.

this is my Wall-e I weathered with them
[Image: attachment.php?aid=904][Image: attachment.php?aid=905]

thats really good, because of the paint on my R2 the powders didnt stick as well as they did with my unpainted piece of scrap pla, but i was still happy with the result.
i suspect the surface was alot smoother and less ability for the powder to grub/rub into
done more work today SmileSmile 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=925]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=920][Image: attachment.php?aid=919][Image: attachment.php?aid=921][Image: attachment.php?aid=922][Image: attachment.php?aid=923][Image: attachment.php?aid=924]