Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Slideshow

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 325
» Latest member: AmigaPower
» Forum threads: 341
» Forum posts: 1,215

Full Statistics

Another Update
#1
As it takes for ever to get stuff via fleabay , my ptfe balls have arrived so I can attache the rolling part with the magnets to the head.

The sphere is now in three parts down from six and should have it finished in 2 days as I let it dry for 24 hours before starting the next section.

The ornage rings are 50% done printing, I can print 6 parts per day on two printers.
All the triangles are printed so a lot of glueing and sanding ahead of me for those.

The centre panels (the round bits) have a issues as if you bend them or do stress on them they are cracking on the seems.
normally I would just fill them and they wont hold but using the Tamiya putty this hasn't proven to be a winner.

I will either clean out the putty and use car filler which is stronger or try my hand at pla welding.

Anyway pics below.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=803]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=802]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=801]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=800]


Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1354.jpg (Size: 732.22 KB / Downloads: 41)
.jpg   IMG_1355.jpg (Size: 600.49 KB / Downloads: 39)
.jpg   IMG_1356.jpg (Size: 683.66 KB / Downloads: 39)
.jpg   IMG_1357.jpg (Size: 648.54 KB / Downloads: 39)
Having fun in 3d
Reply
#2
I was finally able to get my printer to succeed at printing more of the skeleton parts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=804]

I see you were having the same issues with the corners that I started to have (first 12 printed just fine, but starting having issues after upgrading printer to Titan Aero with hardened steel nozzle). I had to re-slice the part, surrounding those corners with support (even on top of the tab), so they don't curl and get knocked off by the print head.


Attached Files
.png   bb8-skeleton.png (Size: 355.58 KB / Downloads: 19)
Reply
#3
I changed pla to my cheap aldi stuff and also leveled all the parts including the x axis using the base and not the plate as a guide and found it was out a 5mm+. this has produced perfect parts. In changing the pla from a so called brand that was "pro" level to cheap aldi on special stuff it came out perfect , go figure.

Also with the cold snap in Australia, this morning it was down to 5 degrees I don't think that helped.
Printing the orange rings with the Aldi pla and settings they are also perfect, I do use helper disk on them just in case.
I have found that the bb8 has more instructions but it its still a long way off a full instruction guide. I know its a lot of work to do one but boy it would help.

Compare the R2D2 , BB8 it so much easier and less parts, I have printer some extra sphere parts ready for the bb9-e build as I should have BB8 finished in about 2 months (compared to 9-12 months on R2d2).
Having fun in 3d
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)