[-]
Stats
» Members: 786
» Latest member: jfnonton-com
» Forum threads: 594
» Forum posts: 3,157

Full Statistics

Electrics and drive
I mounted the speakers direct to the frame, they are slightly larger than they should be.
[Image: b9AM3xJh.jpg]
I mounted everything to a chopping board.

[Image: hdaoLhXh.jpg]
[Image: 3bI7gxqh.jpg]

Still needs a tidy up inside
[Image: ScGt8Q9h.jpg]

I have temporarily put a couple of master switches in the front for easier switching everything on or off.
[Image: h0Stbcqh.jpg]

motor mounted
[Image: wKvgjLLh.jpg]
[Image: DzC0uPjh.jpg]

I found the 100w motors were not powerful enough. I only tested it on carpet but even on full power it wasn't enough.
I used the single belt design but was still getting a lot of belt slipping, when it gripped i got wheel spin.

I decided to try 150 watt motors instead.
They are very slightly larger than the 100w versions.
[Image: IasVa53h.jpg]

I had to chop and modify the sides of the foot drives to get them to fit.
I also ordered some scooter wheels and belts. The wheels came with a pulley attached and the motor had on on already.
They needed a bit more length to get the belt tight. I ended up removing the omni wheels from the side feet.

[Image: XJqon1lh.jpg]

[Image: fCEfqGLh.jpg]

These have loads more power and it moves on carpet perfectly. The new belts grip fine as well.
Its way to fast now so will need restricting in the software. On anything but the slowest setting it almost tips over when moving and stopping.
chopping board is good idea!
I like your electronics mounting board.

Do you happen know if it is in the way of where Michael's 2-3-2 mechanism will go?
Nice job indeed! I like the chopping board idea too. I was thinking to use plywood, but your solution is nicer. Anyway I'm still far far away from this step.

P.s.I could be wrong, but looking at the dome it seems to me that the large logic display is mounted upside down...
(06-19-2018, 06:04 AM)Martyman Wrote: I like your electronics mounting board.

Do you happen know if it is in the way of where Michael's 2-3-2 mechanism will go?
I'm not sure if it gets in the way if the mechanism. It could be brought further forward or back if needed but not by much.

(06-19-2018, 06:57 AM)mascal Wrote: Nice job indeed! I like the chopping board idea too. I was thinking to use plywood, but your solution is nicer. Anyway I'm still far far away from this step.

P.s.I could be wrong, but looking at the dome it seems to me that the large logic display is mounted upside down...

You might be right about the logic display, I'll have to check when I get home tonight. 
The chopping boards were cheap too,only about £5 for two from Amazon.
Very nice, great work! :-)
Late to the party, but I've also found my 100w motors to be insufficient for my droid. I've got a pair of 150w motors coming this week - hoping that'll solve my issues.
Like the chopping board idea. Simple and no printing required.
Question, the spray paint you used can you place links of the brand and color... Thanks in advance