[-]
Statistics
» Members: 305
» Latest member: sunshineA
» Forum threads: 308
» Forum posts: 1,098

Full Statistics

Jumping Ahead
Well, I've got about 450 photos documenting my build.  But I got R2 on his feet finally and I though I would jump to this picture and eventually I'll go and post the photos that got him to this point.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=608]

Eebel

Attached Files
.jpg   R2-D2 - 1 of 1.jpg (Size: 398.11 KB / Downloads: 125)
At least he is standing :-)
So the work continues?
He is looking amazing.
Yes.

His dome is already fully automated with Marcduino Teeces lighting, except for the periscope (a work in progress). Also, I may automate his top circular panel, His body will have three servo-operated doors: Gripper Arm, Data Panel lights, Charge Bay Indicator lights (glynnharper), and Interface Arm. I will be using the SHADOW Marcduino control system with the PS3 dual wand system. My current challenge is designing his electrical power system so I don't turn him into an R2-D2 toaster.

His first appearance will be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta on Labor Day weekend. I'll be going as Luke Skywalker on Dagobah. If I have time, I'll build a Yoda puppet in a backpack.

I spent all day today installing the greebles on his body (I'll post another pic once it is light outside). I will admit that I probably spent at least an hour just marveling at what was sitting on the floor. Wow, he is finally real! I'm not building an R2-D2, I have built one!

Warm fuzzy.

Eebel
I can't wait till I get to the same stage. :-)
(06-12-2018, 05:51 AM)Eebel Wrote: His first appearance will be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta  on Labor Day weekend.  I'll be going as Luke Skywalker on Dagobah.  If I have time, I'll build a Yoda puppet in a backpack.

He is way too pristine for Dagobah. Can you bring yourself to dirty him up?
(06-12-2018, 06:39 AM)Martyman Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 05:51 AM)Eebel Wrote: His first appearance will be at Dragon*Con in Atlanta  on Labor Day weekend.  I'll be going as Luke Skywalker on Dagobah.  If I have time, I'll build a Yoda puppet in a backpack.

He is way too pristine for Dagobah. Can you bring yourself to dirty him up?

I'm researching ways to weather him.  I don't think I want to go with all of the mud in the Dagobah scenes.  However, perfectly clean droids are not to be trusted... hehe.

Eebel
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/oL8F1KGmKgk[/video]
Just a quick overview... getting closer.

Eebel
H Eebel, your finish work looks outstanding!

I'm curious about your drive wheels, do you get enough traction with the drive wheel in the rear position? I thought from reading on the astromech forums that it was better to put the drive wheel in front and the omni wheels to the rear because of the weight distribution?