[-]
Stats
» Members: 768
» Latest member: topout7@hotmail.com
» Forum threads: 593
» Forum posts: 3,155

Full Statistics

My somewhat not really documented build
I’m terrible at documenting builds since I put a lot of effort into other things but I’ll post photos and what not of what I’ve done here as proof that I made an f2

So far completed 

Styrene Dome - painted, lights, etc 

Printed and assembled 

Body 
Body greeblies
Skirt 
Center ankle
Ankle frame thing 
Legs (no greebs)
Outer ankles
Foot drives ready to assemble 
One foot shell
Shoulder hubs

Currently working on 

Center foot frame and Omni wheels

Need to do

Open spool of nylon and print Omni wheel beads. I even bought a food dehydrator to dry the nylon as it prints and maybe make some fruit leather.  

Megacon is end of May and I plan on having at least the body ready to display in static mode without a dome.  I’d like to get a rockler bearing but I’m so getting tired of blowing money on this and my first order stormtrooper.   I swear I need a cheaper hobby, I hear kids are cheaper to raise....

Forgot to mention.

Printer

Rostock Max V3 with build chamber enclosure

Print hours on printer since purchased: 1243
Length of filament gone through 17 kilometers

I will be upgrading it next month to a Duet WiFi 32 bit controller, SE3000 hot end, and .9 steppers

Average print speed is right around 70 mm/s with ABS. I spent a lot of time dialing in my filament so I could print fast and retain a lot of detail.

I did a thing. 

Feet will go on tonight hopefully so he’s at least rolling for megacon
My printer broke and a replacement part will be here Saturday. I only really have The ankles to reprint, battery boxes, leg boosters, leg greeblies, horsehoes, and foot shells left to print oh and the dome drive stuff.

I was assembling the rear door but one panel for the top row was rather warped so I need to reprint it. Then figure out the lock thing. What goes in the hole between the center piece and side forks? Metal rod?

I have ALL of the body greeblies to assemble and paint. It’s all so overwhelming.

I need to figure out the doors that open. I forgot to put in the mega rods on two spots. And where switches should go to turn R2 on. I might stick them in the skirt. On switch and two switches to cut the leg circuits so I can move R2 and.not backfeed power into the speed controller.

I should be finished with my first order trooper soon, get approved in it, troop in it. That will be one big project done.

Arghhh so much to do.
(06-08-2018, 02:19 AM)TheDon Wrote: ..  What goes in the hole between the center piece and side forks? Metal rod?

Arghhh so much to do.

You will put a bolt/nut in there to allow you to lock the rod and stop it from dropping (and allowing the door to open).

Keep 'troopin'  Big Grin  - you'll get there.
I should take a picture. But in the trident piece, the actual locking mech there is a diamond shaped hole that lines up the two side triangles and center rod. A strip of filament was too small so Im assuming its for a 3mm stainless rod. I couldn't find my hardware bin yesterday so ill try again
It's an alignment hole - you can use either a small piece of 3mm rod or 3mm filament
In the RearPanelLock.stl file you find there are 4 parts.

the left lock piece
the right lock piece
the long middle lock piece
and a very short diamond shaped cross section piece. this last bit fits into the diamond shaped hole to pin the other three bit together.
(06-08-2018, 04:06 PM)Cyber_One Wrote: In the RearPanelLock.stl file you find there are 4 parts.

the left lock piece
the right lock piece
the long middle lock piece
and a very short diamond shaped cross section piece. this last bit fits into the diamond shaped hole to pin the other three bit together.

this is the downside of starting early in the dev cycle - he's made a bunch of tiny updates that make assembly easier

I don't have any pin in my stl, just a hole - didn't have a 3mm pin or filament, so just made due with gluing in a piece of 1.75 filament - once it all sets, it doesn't really do anything
The joys of living on the bleeding edge of development :-)