[-]
Stats
» Members: 771
» Latest member: fhalffs
» Forum threads: 593
» Forum posts: 3,156

Full Statistics

Electronics
I have decided to go with curiosmarc arduino boards for the lights and sound.
I love the app control and someone has ported the app to android and is continuing updates so i dont have to get an iphone just for R2 control.

Ordering MarcDuiono boards and teeces lighting boards this weekend, im in australia so im expecting a few weeks before arrival. Also Vincent is doing this build along the same time so looking forward to seeing our progress. Lots and lots of soldering to come SmileSmile 

absolutely love this video 
Got all mine boards due in Monday

I will buy in a load of them other boards and if larry say its ok will sell them cheap so you can save a few quid there the same as I will be doing.

Really looking forward to the building when I get a chance to get started but no way am I going to rush in and buy everythng that other people say if I can get the same thing cheaper I will

Hoping to get the full droid and all the electronics for under £1,000
Thats why in my build log im going to price everything so UK people know the cost

I know full well I could go way over so no fear Im going to stop building :-)

Paul
[Image: attachment.php?aid=470]Got my boards recently as well, just waiting on my marcduinos and some cash to get components!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did a soldering class today so feeling a bit more confident about my MarcDuinos didn't think i was too bad for my first attempt

[Image: attachment.php?aid=821].

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-15-2018, 06:48 AM)Luc Wrote: Did a soldering class today so feeling a bit more confident about my MarcDuinos didn't think i was too bad for my first attempt

[Image: attachment.php?aid=821].

A bit more heat, but that will work.

Put the iron on the pad/component, count to 3 and then apply the solder.

If you're using lead-free solder (sux!!) then flux is your friend.
Was good fun! Can't wait!
It brings back the nightmares. Led after led. test after test.

have fun guys lol.

Phill
(07-15-2018, 07:05 AM)Luc Wrote: Was good fun! Can't wait!

I can soon send you mine to do :-)  AsI have not even started yet as had printer problems but got a Tevo Tornado now and all good
(07-15-2018, 10:57 PM)Vincent Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 07:05 AM)Luc Wrote: Was good fun! Can't wait!

I can soon send you mine to do :-)  AsI have not even started yet as had printer problems but got a Tevo Tornado now and all good

great to hear your printer problems are sorted, im currently printing the legs and have rebuilt my printer 3 times now. but she still goes 24/7. for a $180 i still cant beleive its nearly spat out a whole r2, and dozens upon dozens of other small to medium sized projects.
Im the same as you mate hone 100's of little parts and now Im happy with the printer will be knocking out r2 parts 24x7 and then the fun and games with all the electronics