Stats
» Members: 670
» Latest member: rschoenhard
» Forum threads: 582
» Forum posts: 3,077

Full Statistics

A childhood dream becomes reality
Hello,

Here I would like to start my construction report. I have already printed all the parts except a few things. Dome + Domedrive, body and legs are already assembled.

That's how it looks right now

Outside:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=143]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=144]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=145]

Inside:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=146]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=147]

Last but not least, I got the Death Star plans right out of Vader's bedroom ... well ... not directly .... well ... I mean ... I printed them  Rolleyes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=148]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=149]

... to be continued!

P.S.: why only the filenames are displayed and not the pictures themselves, did I do something wrong while uploading?? Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is a help page for adding pictures.
(01-21-2018, 05:17 PM)LarryJ Wrote: There is a help page for adding pictures.

Got it, thanks.
Hello,

Here is a little update from my R2D2. I finished the CenterFoot. I built it the way Michael intended, except for a trifle. I replaced the mounting screws of the foot on the body with 6mm studs because the square nuts did not fit in the slots provided. They were just too fat.

Otherwise, everything fit together perfectly. Thanks again to Michael for his great work.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=187]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=189]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=190]

... to be continued!

Hello,

a short update. I assembled the first drive today. Everything worked perfectly well, but during the test run it always pulled the toothed belts off the drive pulleys. The problem was that the two pulleys (engine and drive wheel) were not 100% aligned.
There is also a relatively large amount of play in the axle construction of the main drive wheel. After I minimized the game by means of a brass sleeve and washers, the drive is now running quite well.
Only the clamping screws of the engine tensioner still hit the footshell. Since I'll probably have to run again with the Dremel.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=203]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=204]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=205]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=206]

...to be continued!

Did you use nylock nuts for the foot drives?
Hello,

Only for the two big axles (6mm + 8mm).
Nice build! I started mine a few weeks a go but had to stop because the nozzle heater went on my printer. Waiting for parts from China to arrive so I can get back up and running.

Which motors did you use for the foot drive and are they 12 or 24 volt?

cheers
Lee
(03-27-2018, 07:05 PM)leecas Wrote: Nice build!  I started mine a few weeks a go but had to stop because the nozzle heater went on my printer.  Waiting for parts from China to arrive so I can get back up and running.

Which motors did you use for the foot drive and are they 12 or 24 volt?

cheers
Lee

Hello,

I have these motors:

100W 24V replacementmotor with chain sprocked for Razer E100 and E120 Scooter (model MY/ZY6812).
Thanks for the info Peter.

Cheers,
Lee