3D Printed Droids
Ironman done - Printable Version

+- 3D Printed Droids (https://www.3dprinteddroids.net)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://www.3dprinteddroids.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Build Logs (https://www.3dprinteddroids.net/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: IronMan (https://www.3dprinteddroids.net/forum-97.html)
+----- Forum: phul007 (https://www.3dprinteddroids.net/forum-98.html)
+----- Thread: Ironman done (/thread-616.html)

Ironman done - phul007 - 05-13-2019

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1555]Still have to wire up the leds but apart from that he is done finally!!!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1556]

I just have to start working on the stormtrooper, the armour is printed but a lot of adjusting is needed!

RE: Ironman done - R3D3 - 05-13-2019

Great job! Would you rate it easier/harder or equal in term of printing and finishing R2?

RE: Ironman done - phul007 - 05-13-2019

(05-13-2019, 04:26 PM)R3D3 Wrote: Great job!  Would you rate it easier/harder or equal in term of printing and finishing R2?

It was easier as the R2 has many hardware components as well. It was a lot more sanding and welding parts compared to R2 as the shapes were harder to do.

Took about 4 months compared to 9 for R2. 

Now working on a stromtrooper which is a big pain in the arse. The prints are easy but they don't fit a mannequin so it will need a lot of cutting and sanding to fit.

If you ever see the original armour it was thin ABS plastic that was vacuumed  formed which is easy to cut and shape. Using PLA which is up to 25 mm thick its much different.

It will look good but its a bitch to work with.

RE: Ironman done - R3D3 - 05-14-2019

(05-13-2019, 11:22 PM)phul007 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 04:26 PM)R3D3 Wrote: Great job!  Would you rate it easier/harder or equal in term of printing and finishing R2?

It was easier as the R2 has many hardware components as well. It was a lot more sanding and welding parts compared to R2 as the shapes were harder to do.

Now working on a stromtrooper which is a big pain in the arse. The prints are easy but they don't fit a mannequin so it will need a lot of cutting and sanding to fit.

If you ever see the original armour it was thin ABS plastic that was vacuumed  formed which is easy to cut and shape. Using PLA which is up to 25 mm thick its much different.

Thanks, I may have to tackle this right after C-3PO.   I have an RT-Mod suit I purchased probably 10 years ago, Its one of my favorite items along with R2 and a studio scale Y-Wing.

RE: Ironman done - phul007 - 05-14-2019

(05-14-2019, 04:07 AM)R3D3 Wrote:

Thanks, I may have to tackle this right after C-3PO.   I have an RT-Mod suit I purchased probably 10 years ago, Its one of my favorite items along with R2 and a studio scale Y-Wing.

Where did you buy the c3po. My patreon guy is suppose to have one nearly done. He has also just release General Greious BUST but it is a part of a full size one he has also "Nearly" done. He is approx. 2 metres high so its big. Too big for my space at home but a C3po I might be able to sneak in behind R2!!!

RE: Ironman done - R3D3 - 05-14-2019

(05-14-2019, 05:05 AM)phul007 Wrote:

Where did you buy the c3po. My patreon guy is suppose to have one nearly done. He has also just release General Greious BUST but it is a part of a full size one he has also "Nearly" done. He is approx. 2 metres high so its big. Too big for my space at home but a C3po I might be able to sneak in behind R2!!!

I plan to use this one, I did a test print of the head last winter and it looks like it should be decent enough.

https://www.thingiverse.com/Jesse_M/designs

RE: Ironman done - phul007 - 05-14-2019

(05-14-2019, 05:18 AM)R3D3 Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 05:05 AM)phul007 Wrote:

I plan to use this one, I did a test print of the head last winter and it looks like it should be decent enough.

https://www.thingiverse.com/Jesse_M/designs

If the other gets released I will let you know how they compare. Best of luck.

RE: Ironman done - andyc72 - 05-16-2019

(05-13-2019, 05:43 AM)phul007 Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=1555]Still have to wire up the leds but apart from that he is done finally!!!!

I just have to start working on the stormtrooper, the armour is printed but a lot of adjusting is needed!
nice print.  Didn't know there were files out there for the suit.   It is one of my favor ones.   Were did you get the file?

RE: Ironman done - phul007 - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 12:26 AM)andyc72 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 05:43 AM)phul007 Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=1555]Still have to wire up the leds but apart from that he is done finally!!!!

nice print.  Didn't know there were files out there for the suit.   It is one of my favor ones.   Were did you get the file?

Check out Geoffro (hex3d) on Patreon.

RE: Ironman done - Eebel - 05-19-2019

Awesome job. Really nice painting!

Eebel