» Members: 768
» Latest member: topout7@hotmail.com
» Forum threads: 593
» Forum posts: 3,155

Full Statistics

  R5-D4/R2-D2 Buzz Saw
Posted by: Eebel - 06-15-2019, 01:51 PM - Forum: Eebel - Replies (2)

This technically should go in my R5-Build log.  However, it is not set up yet.

Here is my first draft of a modified Mark III body middle ring.  I plan on cutting out a couple other panels to hide power switched and a USB programming port.  The buzz saw design is based on Dejarik creations.


Print this item

  New Driod for people to build Diodeka
Posted by: phul007 - 06-04-2019, 11:42 PM - Forum: Off Topic - No Replies

My Patreon guy Geoff is releasing a 1:1 scale model of the Driodeka.

Geoffs Patreon Page

If you want it just subsribe to his patreon.
I don't have the space for the 1:1 scale so will go 1:3 as my Man Cave is filling up fast.

This is only what has released so far.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1564]

He also has a General Grievous bust but will be a 1:1 scale soon

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1565]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Print this item

  R5-D4 Sound Files
Posted by: Eebel - 05-22-2019, 03:33 PM - Forum: Off Topic - Replies (1)

Anyone have any idea if there any official R5-D4 sound files out there?


Print this item

  Ironman done
Posted by: phul007 - 05-13-2019, 05:43 AM - Forum: phul007 - Replies (9)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1555]Still have to wire up the leds but apart from that he is done finally!!!!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1556]

I just have to start working on the stormtrooper, the armour is printed but a lot of adjusting is needed!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Print this item

  BT-1 dome
Posted by: Mrplasma - 05-03-2019, 03:10 AM - Forum: Mrplasma - No Replies

I'm working on printing Mr baddeleys dome. I have helped him with the dome by making the the eye part. Hoping to see more BT-1 in the world! 

Anyway I'm about 2 day at 10% .1 layer at 30% infill just to make the dome strong.


Print this item

Posted by: scamper - 05-02-2019, 03:10 PM - Forum: Site News, Issues and Questions - Replies (4)

I thought I saw someone had a spreadsheet for the printed parts for R2. but have done a search and cannot seem to find it again.
Has anyone done up a spreadsheet just with the list of parts and columns for filling in time, done, date or whatever or even a filled in sheet that can delete the data and start again (keeping parts list obviously)
I am around 40 to 50 pieces into the print and realise that this is going to get confusing very quickly if I don't do something quick.
Thanks in advance.

Print this item

  Hi folks from Kansas City
Posted by: justkelly - 04-13-2019, 04:25 AM - Forum: New Members - Replies (2)

Hi folks. I'm Kelly. I built an R2-D2 a couple years ago, with some of the smaller pieces 3-D printed. I also just finished printing the static BB-8 and am currently working on the Cary drive and a new 3-D printed R2-KT. Also starting to toy with Dio because of course I am Smile

Print this item

Photo Hi from Long Beach California!
Posted by: Dang8 - 04-12-2019, 01:00 AM - Forum: New Members - Replies (3)

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the board. 

I've been 3d printing for YEARS (started by rebuilding a Solidoodle 2) and have used a range of printers. My current printers include a Prusa MK3s MMU2, Prusa MK2s, Formlabs From2, and a boxed CubeX Pro Trio. (Oh, and a CNC Shark, Laser engraver/cutter, and a vinyl cutter - yeah, lots of toys). As for software, I use to only use Sketchup. However, I have dabbled in Solidworks and have finally settled on Fusion360. 

The largest thing I have printed is a 3d Lego Car at 400%. I wanted to try something a little more complex and that would not only take printing skills but also require me to learn electronics. I've have been learking on the Astromech forums and what not for a few years and decided to take the leap.

I'm more then willing to help the community where I can. If you need anything super detailed printed on the From2, cut, or whatever, let me know and I can see what I can do.

With that, I'm going to end this with a pic of my dome status and my buddies helping me out on it. -Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Print this item

  Metal Casting 3D printed Parts
Posted by: Eebel - 03-31-2019, 02:15 PM - Forum: Off Topic - Replies (4)

Wow, I just got this advertisement from LulzBot spammed into my YouTube video.  Honestly, it’s one of the first ads I actually watched.  It got me thinking of the possibilities of printing interesting metal droid details. 


Print this item

  Hello from Belgium
Posted by: krisbi - 03-30-2019, 10:33 AM - Forum: New Members - Replies (2)

Hello all, some time ago i printed a 30cm tall R2, now i'm going for the real size version.

Print this item